SGI, with 20 years of teacher training experience, is the longest running provider of Trinity College London Cert TESOL courses in the UK. This acclaimed internationally recognised TEFL qualification is accepted by employers and schools throughout the world. We have gathered over this 20 years an extensive list of contacts throughout the TEFL world, which means we are able to offer job opportunities to trainees on every course we run. Below briefly is a summary of the opportunities available.
First and foremost, we offer teaching jobs to some of our most promising trainees in our global headquarters in SGI London, where the teacher training takes place. These teachers join a highly professional and supportive teaching team headed by Josh Round the Director of Studies. SGI can boast several teacher trainers that are extremely active and respected in the TEFL blogging world and who also regularly attend and present at international teaching conferences.
SGI London Global group
Then we have the SGI Global Group, where our successful trainees have the chance to take up teaching posts at one of our overseas schools. Currently there is SGI India (Delhi), SGI Italy (Vicenza) and SGI Russia (Moscow) where we regularly place our recently qualified teachers. Have a look at our schools…….
Extensive Global Network of Contacts
Then of course we have the rest of the world! We are in the enviable position of being able to offer jobs to trainees on every course we run. Our extensive list of contacts throughout the TEFL world should enable you to take that vital first step into contracted paid employment.
We currently have former trainees working in the following countries:
Spain, Italy, France, Germany, India, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia, Japan, Russia, The Czech Republic, Poland, Macedonia, Brazil, Greece, Turkey, China, Argentina, Taiwan, The Sudan and of course the UK.
More help from SGI to find your first TEFL job
- During the course - a comprehensive careers session on the final day of the course, including detailed information on best places to apply and things to watch out for
- During the course – if trainees are set on going to a particular city in a country, we can sometimes put them in touch with an ex-trainee or member of staff that works or has worked there.
- After the course - We forward job offers in our centres and from our network of contacts to our database of former trainees
- After the course - we are available for advice and assistance after the course is over
- After the course – we are happy to provide references for former trainees – something which is often crucial for that all-important first TEFL job.
As you heard in the audio, I am also a product of the SGI teacher training program and still remain a part of the SGI family years later. This isn’t a one-off.
Read about the many more SGI ex-trainees now working in SGI centres around the world:
London – Vanessa Mulcare
Moscow – Ellie Garnham
Vicenza, Italy – Romany Thums
Teach with SGI in Vicenza, a delightful small city in North-East Italy
Teach with SGI Delhi, set in the centre of this fascinating bustling Indian city
Teach at the SGI Moscow school, close to the magnificent Kremlin in this historic city
Jobs are available anywhere in the world through SGI’s extensive international network of school contacts.